Thursday, May 6, 2010

Surviving the coconut

You know how sometimes you sit down to watch tv and you find yourself really intrigued by something that you didn't think would have intrigued you at all? Well, that is what has happened to me the last several times we sat down to watch 'Survivor'. I am sure that I am a lone freak in this, but every single time I see them cutting up a coconut, cooking it and then standing around eating it while they plot someone's demise I can't help but wonder if it tastes good or if the repulsiveness of eating a cooked coconut is what is making them all so cranky.

After several trips to grocery store where I longingly looked at the coconuts, I finally decided that I had to know the answer to the question of what a grilled coconut tasted like.



So......we bought a coconut.......

......we cut it up into pieces......

.....we stuck it on the grill with our chicken and zucchini.....

...and it was HORRIBLE!!! I mean really, really horrible! The kind of horrible that had my husband spitting it into the yard and my children calling CPS and begging to be taken away from me.

So, just in case you were sitting around watching Survivor and wondering if you should try to grill up some coconut because it looks like the survivors are enjoying theirs, try to remember that they are STARVING and would cook and eat a lizard if it crossed their path.

Hmmmmm, I wonder what a grilled lizard would taste like...........

1 comment:

  1. you are a FREAK!!! But I have to admit I have wondered the same thing.....of course!! But I have not gone out to buy one:)

    ReplyDelete