Tuesday, May 11, 2010

DMV OMG!!!

As we all know, I finally went to the DMV to get my California driver's license (as a reminder in case you forgot---I made a 100 on my test).

Well, the wait for my license has been nothing if not eventful.

First, I noticed that even though the copy of my license that I approved and signed showed that I was indeed female....somehow by the time it got to the final copy I had apparently undergone a sex change operation and was now a male.

Now don't get me wrong, I love the men in my life.....but under no circumstances do I want to be one of them......I enjoy being neat, putting things away where they belong, asking for directions, freely admitting when I am lost, keeping the toilet seat down like God intended and not having to kill spiders too much to ever covet being a guy.

Soooo, I called the DMV to explain their error to them......thus beginning my journey to understanding why everyone says the California DMV is horribly, horribly bad!!!

They told me that I needed to get back to the DMV within 24 hours so that they could fix the problem before they went into deep financial despair by actually sending me an unnecessary license.

I, being the obedient child that I always have been, went to the DMV the very next morning only to have to wait for 2 freakin' hours for the person to take approximately one second of their time to return me to my fabulous status of a female. (chorus of angels singing inserted here)

So, that's it....the license came and we all lived happily ever after right?

Yeah, not so much. My license came in the mail yesterday.....my name, my address, my birthday, my weight (I hate you for that California), my donor status and my lovely picture.....oh wait.....that isn't my face....that is someone else's face. Someone else's picture is on my driver license. WTF?????

I called the DMV again, and was again told that I needed to get this fixed AS SOON AS PHYSICALLY POSSIBLE......so.....today I was off to the DMV for another long wait and another promised fix to the DMV's mess up.

Anyone want to take any guesses as to how they will screw it up next time???

Geez, if this is how they treat those of us who make a 100 on our written tests can you imagine how they treat the rest of the poor saps??

1 comment:

  1. dude only you, only you!!! When you texted me and said I looked at the picture and wondered who that person was....I seriously thought you just meant you didn't recognize yourself!! Bawhahahahah when you said no I actually don't know the person in the picture!!! Only you!!!

    ReplyDelete