Monday, April 12, 2010

EARTHQUAKE!!!!!!!

Okay, so it happened.....what I have been dreading since the day I moved here. An earthquake! For those of you not familiar with the feeling of an earthquake....THE FREAKING EARTH MOVED!!!!!
It was crazy! We were outside at an Easter picnic and all of a sudden the table started moving. I looked around at the people sitting with me and it didn't seem like any of them were the type that would grab the table and shake it just for the sake of annoying the rest of us, but I just kind of pulled my arms off of the table so that the ridiculous moving would stop.....only it didn't. Which is when I finally realized that it wasn't the table that was moving, it was THE EARTH!!!!

Have I made myself clear here people.....the ground that we walk on, the ground that is supposed to be stable....the ground that when you get off of a boat you kiss it and thank mother nature for making something that is solid and forever there and stable for you.....only it isn't because apparently it can just up and move whenever it feels like it.

So I spent the next few days in kind of an earthquake hangover.....trying to figure out how I really felt about it and wondering why in the world the earth would betray us this way. I got my answer a few days later when my husband and I were in Vegas for the night. There, in the middle of all of the marquees showing half dressed girls and advertising topless shows was a big ol' sign for this............















Nooooooooo, Donny and Marie...you aren't supposed to be in Vegas!!! You are a Branson kind of show. We don't want to see any pelvic thrusts from Donny, we don't want to see Marie in skimpy clothes. Go back to familyville Donny and Marie please before mother nature sees this
and shakes the heck out of us again!


4 comments:

  1. you are a weirdo!! A weirdo that I dearly love and I am a weirdo too, but a weirdo nontheless!!

    miss you already and counting the days until Sept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite a ride, huh?! I find it more than a bit amusing that one of the two people killed during the earthquake in Baja was killed when he ran from his home and into the street - and got hit by a car... That's exactly what we did - ran out of the house - but into the yard! James said we should have gotten under the dining room table. I don't get that - is a table supposed to hold up a whole house?!?! Maddie is preparing for 'The BIG One' which is supposed to come sometime this week... Hold on, its going to be another bumpy ride! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find it extremely unsettling. Earthquakes I mean, not your blog. I find your blog consistently quite hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty sure i DIED laughing when i read this... aparently texas has earthquakes now too sooo that's great!

    ReplyDelete