Monday, March 8, 2010

Like, teenagers are sooooo whatever!

This weekend I had the unique opportunity to be surrounded by a bunch of teenagers that I didn't know for 13 straight (and incredibly long) hours.
Here is what I learned....

Teen aged boys have no end to what they can eat.
I watched a boy eat three full size bagels, four donuts, a snickers, two glasses of orange juice and a fruit cup only to ask 30 minutes later if it was okay if he grabbed a bite to eat because he was starving.

Teen aged girls eat healthy when boys are watching. When a boy was near by, the girls were all...."Oh, will you split this grape with me, I couldn't possibly eat this whole thing by myself", but when the boys left the room they scarfed down every chocolate covered thing they could get their hands on.

They think nothing of taking 200 pictures of themselves a day.

Apparently, if it was posted on Facebook it is gospel....as in, "No, I am positive that she did it, I saw Tiffani's comment on Amber's post about it"

The word "like" is required to be said at least 10,000 times a day by every teenager or they will have their teenager card taken away from them......like, for real.

I have to say, it was kind of a fun experience....one I hope that I get a chance to repeat in about, oh..I don't know....maybe 20 years.

1 comment:

  1. first how many donuts were waiting at the donut shop??

    Am I wrong to believe that if it is on FB that it is the gospel?? First it was the Natl Enquirer, then People, and now you had to ruin FB for me too!! CRAP

    You always split your grapes with me!! That way we don't choke:)

    Sounds like it was 13 hours of blasting fun!!

    I am sure you will be doing it sooner than 20...but I won't bust the bubble for you yet.

    ReplyDelete