Monday, January 11, 2010

My love/hate relationship with my move to California

Okay, so here is the deal.....I really, really, really, REALLY didn't want to move to California. It's not that things were perfect in Texas, but that is where my family and friends are....it's where my kids all went to kindergarten, it's where my 14 year old was born, where I brought my daughter home from China, where my two oldest graduated from high school, where I graduated from high school, where I was married. It was full of memories....good and bad, but all important memories. I was content there....I was good.


So of course we would move!

I really didn't want to move at all, but to have to move to California was almost comical. My mental list of comparisons went something like this....

The house size in my price range in the Texas town we lived in






The house size in my price range in California






That is such a bummer!

Then I started thinking.....hmmmmm,
the scenery in Texas





vs. the scenery in California



Okay....so that's one for California

Then you have the weather which is comical to even bring up since we all know how much nicer the weather is in California. However, you do have the freakish weather phenomenons that can't be overlooked........


The Texas Tornado vs The California Earthquake

Neither are really the way I am hoping to meet my maker.

I will admit that I don't hate it here as much as I thought I would. I don't love it....but I am learning to appreciate it's good points.

Now, if you will excuse me, I have to get on with selling everything I own so that I can fit in my new version of "home sweet home".

1 comment:

  1. annnnnd the biggest reason you didn't want to move to sunny California was......drum roll please!! Because your bestie lives in TX!! But at least you picked a place that I LOVE to come and a place that I come frequently. That whole Alaska...my brothers a nut thing just would not have worked out for our longterm, long distance relationship...LOL good grief I crack myself up!! Have fun on your trip and I will call you before you leave and when you arrive!!

    ReplyDelete